- VIDEO: WKU head coach Mike Sanford
- VIDEO: WKU RB Quinton Baker
- VIDEO: WKU QB Mike White
- VIDEO: WKU DT Chris Johnson
- WKU, Southern Miss plays Senior Day softball doubleheader today
- Easton leads Tops on first day of C-USA Men’s Golf Championship
- Baker breaks out in Red vs. White game
- WKU track and field posts 12 top-5 finishes
- Sanford introduces ‘Raise the W’
- Hilltopper signee Josh Anderson scores 23 in Iverson Classic
WKU tennis plays Chattanooga Friday
- Updated: March 30, 2017
BOWLING GREEN, Ky. — Heading into their final road match of the regular season, the
Lady Toppers’ Tennis team is set to play against Chattanooga on Friday at 5 p.m. CT
inside the Manker Patten Tennis Club.
The Lady Toppers enter the match posting a 10-4 record and are in second place in
the Conference USA standings. WKU boasts two players who at least have a seven-match
winning streak and is the only team in C-USA with the feat.
Chattanooga (12-4) is coming off a win last Saturday as they defeated Western
Carolina, 5-2. The Mocs captured the first-ever meeting over WKU, 9-0, back in 1982,
and reeled off five more straight victories until the Lady Toppers won last spring,
4-2, in Bowling Green. Chattanooga leads the all-time series 6-1.
WKU senior Elpida Malamou continues her success in singles ranking third in the
conference in wins, posting an unblemished 13-0 record. The Greece native, counting
back from last season, has won 26-straight singles matches.
Junior Violetta Shatalova has a winning streak of her own, winning seven consecutive
matches dating back to Feb. 4.
Freshmen Natalia De Ugarte and Monica Malinen are tied for second on the team in
wins, as the two have racked up nine victories apiece.
For more information on the Manker Patten Tennis Club, click
How to Follow the Lady Toppers: For complete information on WKU Lady Topper Tennis, follow the program via social media @WKUTennis on