- VIDEO: WKU head coach Mike Sanford
- VIDEO: WKU RB Quinton Baker
- VIDEO: WKU QB Mike White
- VIDEO: WKU DT Chris Johnson
- WKU, Southern Miss plays Senior Day softball doubleheader today
- Easton leads Tops on first day of C-USA Men’s Golf Championship
- Baker breaks out in Red vs. White game
- WKU track and field posts 12 top-5 finishes
- Sanford introduces ‘Raise the W’
- Hilltopper signee Josh Anderson scores 23 in Iverson Classic
WKU tennis heads to Lexington to take on Ark. St.
- Updated: February 16, 2017
BOWLING GREEN, Ky. — WKU Tennis will make a short road trip to Lexington on Friday at noon to clash against Arkansas State in a neutral site match inside the Lexington Tennis Club.
Entering the weekend, the Lady Toppers hold a 4-2 record – their best start since the 2011-12 season. All of WKU’s wins this year have been sweeps making them one of only two programs (Southern Miss) in Conference USA to do so.
Under head coach Jonatan Berhane, WKU has not lost to the Red Wolves as the Lady Toppers defeated ASU 5-2 on Feb. 28, 2015, in Bowling Green. The all-time series record between the two schools is 8-3 with the Red Wolves claiming the edge.
Arkansas State (0-5) is coached by Lexington native Mel Lange and the Red Wolves are coming off a 5-2 loss to Murray State on Feb. 10.
WKU senior Elpida Malamou ranks second in the conference in singles wins, tallying a 5-0 record. The Greece native, counting back from last season, has now won 18-straight singles matches.
Freshman Monica Malinen is second on the team in wins posting a 4-1 record at the No. 5 spot. The other three freshmen (Natalia De Ugarte, Lisa Friess and Cindy Oest) have racked up eight wins combined.
Admission is free for the match and more info on the Lexington Tennis Club can be found here.
How to Follow the Lady Toppers: For complete information on WKU Lady Topper Tennis, follow the program via social media @WKUTennis on Twitter.