- Baker breaks out in Red vs. White game
- WKU track and field posts 12 top-5 finishes
- Sanford introduces ‘Raise the W’
- Hilltopper signee Josh Anderson scores 23 in Iverson Classic
- WKU tennis falls to FIU in C-USA tournament
- Rockcastle Gun Show, April 20, 2017
- WKU tennis beats FAU, advances to round two
- WKU baseball hosts Rice for a doubleheader today
- WKU Track and Field lands in Georgia for GT Invitational
- Hilltoppers set for Red vs. White Spring Game
WKU men’s golf opens event in Nashville today
- Updated: April 10, 2017
BOWLING GREEN, Ky. — The WKU men’s golf team will try to continue the momentum of
its best result of the season as it heads into Lipscomb’s Ryman Hospitality
Intercollegiate this week.
The Hilltoppers will be one of 14 teams competing Monday and Tuesday at the par-71,
6,925-yard Richland Country Club in Nashville, Tenn.
The tournament will begin with 36 holes Monday on an 8:30 a.m. CT shotgun start,
followed by Tuesday’s final round.
WKU most recently tied for second last week at the East Carolina Intercollegiate,
its best team finish since the 2015-16 season.
Redshirt sophomore Billy Tom Sargent and sophomore Stuart Easton both tied for
fourth individually – the best result of Easton’s career – and redshirt freshman
Linus Lo also cracked the top 15 in 13th place.
WKU finished just four strokes out of the team lead, and Sargent and Easton missed
medalist honors by just one shot.
Sargent, Easton and Lo will once again be joined this week in Nashville by freshman
Kyle Jeffers and sophomore Blake Smith, while redshirt senior Nick Thompson will
compete as an individual.
This is the final event for the Hilltoppers before they head to the Conference USA
Championship on April 23-26 at Texarkana Country Club in Texarkana, Ark.
How to follow the Hilltoppers: For complete information on WKU Hilltopper Golf,
follow the team on Twitter at @WKUMensGolf.