- Baker breaks out in Red vs. White game
- WKU track and field posts 12 top-5 finishes
- Sanford introduces ‘Raise the W’
- Hilltopper signee Josh Anderson scores 23 in Iverson Classic
- WKU tennis falls to FIU in C-USA tournament
- Rockcastle Gun Show, April 20, 2017
- WKU tennis beats FAU, advances to round two
- WKU baseball hosts Rice for a doubleheader today
- WKU Track and Field lands in Georgia for GT Invitational
- Hilltoppers set for Red vs. White Spring Game
Sears named C-USA’s Male Field Athlete of the Week
- Updated: April 12, 2017
IRVING, Texas — WKU Track and Field’s Ventavius Sears was named Conference USA Male
Field Athlete of the Week as announced by the league office Tuesday afternoon.
At the Hilltoppers Relays this past weekend, Sears broke his personal record and
moved up to third all-time in program history in outdoor triple jump (16.06m) to
place first. Sears’ mark in the triple jump, which is roughly two feet better than
the next best in C-USA and fifth-ranked nationally, is his top jump since joining
the Red and White. Additionally, Sears took first place in the long jump with a mark
of 7.57m (24’10”).
The Georgia native also ran the last leg of the 4×100-meter relay and first leg in
the 4×400-meter relay guiding the two units to two titles on the weekend. Sears was
joined by Eli Minor, Emmanuel Dasor and Julius Morris.
This honor marks the fourth career C-USA Athlete of the Week accolade collected by
Sears, with three coming in the month of January (2015, ’16, ’17) during the indoor
season. It is the first outdoor weekly honor in Sears’ career.
No. 21 WKU will split up in its next relays with athletes going to the Mt. SAC
Relays and Austin Peay Invitational on April 14-15.
How to follow WKU Track and Field: For complete information on WKU Track and Field,
follow the team on Twitter at @WKUTrackField.